Monday, April 21, 2008

FED'S FIRST TROPHY OF THE YEAR (Djoko-book parody, anyone?)

Weirdest win ever
Got home from church, showered, and turned on my laptop to check Estoril final live scores.

Turned out Fed won the first set 7-6(5) , but the second set was 0-2 in favor of Denko.

After 5 minutes of me scoreboard-staring, Fed broke back to make the score 1-2. Now he just needs to hold serve to even it out to 2-all and try to get a break later. Or so I thought.

2 (unsuspecting) minutes later, my faithful and trusty laptop screen shows this:






Winner by RETIREMENT? At a tournament final? Did I read that correctly? O_o;;;;;

Obviously can't say much as I didn't actually watch the match. But one thing's for sure - this was clearly one of the most flabbergasting, dissatisfying, jawdrop-worthy ways for Rog to win a title.

With all that's happened this 2008, I guess anything can happen. Anomalies galore. Let's do a recount of the year's Roger-strangeness, shall we:

It's been a year of 'reverse-karma' for Rog so far (...probably to make up for having had four too-good years. Selfish guy, eh.) ^^;;


Ah well. You win some you lose some. What matters right now is this: a W is a W :-)



Cheers and beers for all,

-tmsh-

No comments: