Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fool around with this

Are you right or left-brained?

Do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS uses logic, detail-oriented, facts rule, words and language, present and past, math and science, can comprehend, knowing, acknowledges order/pattern perception, knows object name, reality-based, forms strategies, practical, safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS uses feeling, "big picture"-oriented, imagination rules, symbols and images, present and future, philosophy & religion, can "get it" (i.e. meaning), believes, appreciates spatial perception, knows object function, fantasy-based, presents possibilities, impetuous, risk-taking


-tmsh-


For the curious

Who, me? First I kept seeing her move clockwise, and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't make her go the other way. After frustrating myself for 10 mins, I went to read a book, and an hour later when I came back, there she was going anti-clockwise. Now I can pretty much choose the direction at will. Go, brain.

No comments: